AGG101 is a one-day certification course that certifies an individual’s ability to sample and test aggregates according to TxDOT Test Procedures and Specifications. There is no demonstration or training; individuals must come prepared to pass both a written and practical examination.
AGG101 is now a pre-requisite for Level 2.
Test Procedures covered:
Click on link to view test procedure:
- Tex-107-E, Determining the Bar Linear Shrinkage of Soils
- Tex-200-F, Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregates (Part 1 & 2)
- Tex-201-F, Bulk Specific Gravity and Water Absorption of Aggregate
- Tex-203-F, Sand Equivalent
- Tex-212-F, Determining Moisture Content of Bituminous Mixtures (Part 2)
- Tex-217-F, Determining Deleterious Material and Decantation Test for Coarse Aggregates (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
- Tex-221-F, Sampling Aggregate for Bituminous Mixtures, Surface Treatments and LRA
- Tex-224-F, Determining Flakiness Index
- Tex-280-F, Determining Flat and Elongated Particles
- Tex-400-A, Sampling Flexible Base, Stone, Gravel, Sand and Mineral Aggregates
- Tex-401-A, Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregate
- Tex-402-A, Fineness Modulus of Fine Aggregate
- Tex-404-A, Determining Unit Mass (Weight) of Aggregates
- Tex-406-A, Decantation Test for Concrete Aggregate (Part 1)
- Tex-408-A, Organic Impurities in Fine Aggregate
- Tex-413-A, Determining Deleterious Material in Mineral Aggregate
- Tex-460-A, Determining Crushed Face Particle Count (Part 1)
- Tex-461-A, Degradation of Coarse Aggregate by Micro-Deval Abrasion
AGG101 Aggregate Specialists are required to re-certify every three years by attending a one day certification course.
Specialists can re-certify up to one year prior to the expiration date. If certification expires, the specialist may not perform any AGG101 responsibilities on a TxDOT project.
The AGG101 Training classes will be two-days in length and focus on providing a basic understanding and knowledge of the TxDOT Test Procedures and Specifications. These classes are not pre-requisites to any certification class and participants will not earn certification.
Federally Mandated Annual Proficiency
The Texas Department of Transportation requires all AGG101 Specialist to participate in an Annual Proficiency Program. Participation in this program is MANDATORY. Failure to participate will result in certification revocation.